Saturday 25 January 2014

Some Simple Finishes

Two small projects finished and ready to share...

My cushion cover for the 'Pillow Pop' challenge hosted on Threadbias.  I made the 'Gumdrop' cover by Heather Bostic.
The fabric is 'Road 15' by Sweetwater.

I free-motion quilted it in a loopy design, starting from a flower shape in the centre.  I spent a lot of time thinking of a quilting design - the fabric itself hinted towards many very different patterns - and I chose one that is represented in the white-on-white print.  It was a fun quilting technique and I'm really pleased I used it.
The backing is a lovely soft-but-heavy linen that had been in my stash for many years.  The zipper is covered by an assortment of 'Road 15' fabric scraps.  I'll link this up to the 'Pillow Pop Sew Along'.  I might see you there?

https://www.threadbias.com/groups/pillow-pop-sew-along

In my last post I started a trial block of a patchwork Granny Square.  I finished this up today by adding a 'snow' border then binding it in a matching green.

I quilted it in an orange-peel style design - very easy and quick as free-motion.  When I make this block up as a large quilt I will probably use the same quilting design as it was actually fun to do!

My K will love using this as a dolly quilt, until I borrow it back to hang on the wall. 

I'm linking up to 'Finish it up Friday' at Crazy Mom Quilts again.

Before I go I'll mention that this is my 100th post on this blog!  I'm quite impressed that I've made it.  :-)  I wondered about what to do to celebrate but decided that the new computer that we purchased this week is already making blogging (and MANY other things) so much faster and easier.  Every day is a celebration anyway. 

Big smiles.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 100 posts. Sometime you think you will never get there, when you are wondering what to write about, will any one read or comment. Looking forward to the next 100 too. No pressure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Yea for small finishes and your 100th post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...