Wednesday 15 January 2014

A Puppet Castle

As I mentioned in this earlier post K had really wanted her own puppet theatre, so what was a mum to do but make her a very special one.  I used the same Oliver + S 'Little Things to Sew' Puppet Theatre pattern, of course!

K loves fairy tales and particularly enjoys 'Rapunzel', so I thought and thought... then I found inspiration for the shape in a colouring-in book.

The shape wasn't hard to plan out.  The grey is cut out in two main pieces, just like the original pattern.  I added the top squares (battlements) as separate pieces, they were simple to do.

The rounded windows and gate were trickier - I ended up sewing a gathering stitch around one side of the twill tape.  The portcullis was made from strips of twill tape as well.  It is certainly worth using good quality cotton twill tape as sewing it together became fairly stress-free.

 

K was thrilled with this as one of her Christmas presents... and we've been the audience for some great shows!

This is number 75 in my O+S count ... and I am including it in the 'Little Things to Sew Cover to Cover Challenge' even though I have already made a theatre.  I think both theatres count as one entry.

Bartacks and Singletrack : want to go all the way with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...