Monday 9 December 2013

Summer Getaway (Blouse)

Me... go away on holiday at the moment???  Not a chance!

In among the Christmas sewing I snatched the chance to make this blouse for myself:


It is the "Weekend Getaway Blouse (and Dress)" by Liesl+Co.

The fabric I purchased at Spotlight - it is a very lightweight cotton voile and will need to be worn with some type of singlet.  A lovely top to wear on hot summer days. 

It was difficult to photograph - especially as the above image was by a photographer who is under five and standing on a picnic chair - so I have included a close up of the print.

I'm mostly pleased with the blouse - it was super easy to make (no buttons etc) and the pattern gave great advice on finishing techniques and sizing.

I'm not quite sure if I got the sizing right, or even whether it is the right style for me.  I think I'll try making it in a darker print and maybe go a size down next time.  I will make it again - I'll just have to hunt for another great fabric.

2 comments:

  1. It does look nice and comfortable for summer though Taryn, lovely colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely! The fabric is great. I've been trying to decide which of the two Liesl+Co patterns to buy. I've never sewn for myself and haven't any idea about fitting, but Liesl's patterns seem like a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...