Monday 19 December 2011

Small Delights in the Garden

You have to go past all the weeds, but here are a sample of the deligth of an early summer, Canterbury garden.  All planted by self!!
The lavender to the left is 'Pacific Blue' and the right one is 'Dilly, Dilly'.  Penstemon at back.
Madarine 'Miho' to the left and Lemon 'Meyer' at right.

Lavender 'Hidcote'.  Taken from cuttings or grown by seed.  Put in to replace some awful ornamental grasses.

I love my chives!  Must remember to trim them back regulary to get new growth.
Our new spuds.  We have been easting these for a couple of weeks now.  Before this I had emptied out potatoes grown in buckets - definetely worth doing, but next time I'll start with two spuds per bucket.  They grew like rockets in the glasshouse.

Something to delight at the doorstep.  I love geraniums, but put effort in to keeping them away from frosts over the winter.  The federation daisy was from my grandmother's, but I don't know it's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and giving me a link to your work. I really value your support and encouragement. :-)
Recently I've had a lot of spamming on my blog so apologies to friends for making it trickier to comment. I value genuine comments even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...